"Mennonite Furniture" describes our builders, not a distinct furniture style. Built one-at-a-time by local Amish and Mennonite craftspeople, our products' true hand-crafted quality and workmanship are immediately evident.
Choose from hundreds of available styles and design details, then choose your wood (usually oak or maple, but pine is often an option), and your stain colour. Work is done to your specifications— our builders are happy to alter furniture dimensions to suit your space and your taste. Need something fully customized? No problem. Give us your measurements and drawings and we'll get to work.
Our spacious showroom lets you browse in comfort but, unlike the big-box retailers, wood furniture is our only business. We go out of our way to help you buy with ease and confidence.
Please spend some time looking through our web site. Call or e-mail us if you have questions, or if you'd like a quote on custom work. You may prefer to use our online form to reach us.
Aylmer is a rarity among small towns. Its busy, functioning downtown and distinct "personality" are unmarred by suburban sprawl or tourist kitsch. Please accept our invitation to visit not only our showroom but also the many sights and attractions of Aylmer, Elgin County and environs.
"Since we opened Mennonite Furniture Gallery our motto has been 'If you are happy tell a friend. If you're not, tell us'. We stand by the quality and workmanship of our builders and will go the extra mile to ensure you are perfectly satisfied with your furniture purchase. After all, these are lifetime investments. You can be confident that their beauty and utility will endure through decades of enjoyment." - Brian and Jeanette Hiemstra
We invite you to visit our testimonials page to read some of the nice things our customers have said. Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you build the furniture you sell?Some of it. Having purchased the Wieler Furniture business in December of 2010, of course we sell the furniture made there. As always, we sell furniture from a variety of Mennonite and Amish builders in the Southwestern Ontario area. These builders, in general, do not have (or want!) retail operations. Most of our suppliers specialize in a certain type of furniture item (i.e. chairs, tables) and, as a result, the construction is of high quality and exceptional consistency.
2. I'd like to have some custom work done but I don't know where to start.There are several ways to get that unique size, shape, colour or style of furniture you've been looking for. In general, we will need to start from a photograph or a detailed drawing. If you can't provide this, we can often find the "closest match" from a builders' catalogue and adapt the design to suit your needs.
Feel free to e-mail us your photo or diagram, with as much written detail as you can provide, including the type of wood (oak, pine, maple) and the dimensions. When we have all the necessary information, we will send you a quote for a custom build.
3. I don't see a _____ on your web site. Can I still buy one?Yes. Our web site, like our showroom, can hold only a fraction of what is available from our builders. We have chosen our "most requested" items to showcase on the site. If you don't see what you're looking for, or if you see something similar but it needs changes to the dimensions, please let us know. We would be happy to provide a quote for custom work. As well, our builders may have an item in their product line (something not pictured on our web site) that will suit your needs. We may be able to e-mail you a photo and dimensional details.
4. Is there a delivery charge?Yes we do charge for deliveries outside the town of Aylmer. We can do evening deliveries in the local area, but we do not deliver on Sundays. Read about our delivery and shipping policies here.
5. Can I have furniture built in Cherry or Walnut wood?Yes. In general, most of our builders charge about 25% extra for using cherry or walnut wood, depending on availablity and the type of item. Please call for an exact quote.
6. Where are you located?We are in the very center of the town of Aylmer Ontario. The exact center. The main crossroads. Smack dab in the middle. You can't "drive through Aylmer" without passing our store. Really.
Maps and directions to the Mennonite Furniture Gallery are on our Visitors Guide page.
Do you have a payment plan?No. We're a small business and not set up to extend credit. We require approximately 50% of the purchase price when you order, and the balance upon completion/delivery. You may make incremental payments during the build periods, though.
Back to top